Welcome to the Freight Section of the Mississippi Department of Transportation. Freight is simply the movement of goods from origin to destination and impacts Mississippi's residents and businesses in a variety of ways from transportation to market consumption to quality of life. MDOT strives to facilitate the safe and efficient movement of freight on our transportation system to promote the following goals:
- Improve reliability and reduce congestion on the primary freight corridors
- Maintain the freight network infrastructure in a state of good repair
- Improve economic benefits of the statewide freight network
- Protect the safety and security of the freight infrastructure
- Protect the environment while enhancing the freight network performance
You can find information ranging from existing plans and programs to resources and upcoming events within this section. Detailed freight data for the State can be found in the MS Freight Plan. Please note that the MS Freight Network Corridor Assessments in Appendix C of the Freight Plan will be updated to reflect changes on an as-needed basis.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact our Freight Coordinator.