MS Freight Advisory Committee
The Mississippi Freight Advisory Committee (MS-FAC) is a partnership of public and private freight stakeholders with extensive knowledge regarding the impacts and benefits of freight movement to the State from multiple perspectives including infrastructure and economic development. The purpose of the committee is to provide insight and recommendations to the MDOT concerning freight transportation issues to enhance the safe, reliable movement of freight and people throughout the State and promote economic vitality.
The MS-FAC represents carriers, shippers, transportation authorities, planning groups, industries, and other freight related organizations and agencies. The members consist of:
- MS Associations: Airport, Automotive, Farm Bureau, Foresty, Manufacturing, Poultry, Railroad, Retail, Trucking, Water Resources
- Economic Development: MDA, MDAC, MS World Trade Center, TN Valley Authority, USDOC
- Regional Planning: Jackson MPO, Gulf Coast MPO, Hattiesburg MPO, Memphis MPO
- Local Government: MML
- Resource Agencies: MDEQ, EPA, USACE
- Academia/Research: CLTT, NCITEC, ITTS
- Military: Camp Shelby
- Energy Sector: Ergon, Entergy
Serving as an important component in the development of the State Freight Plan, the MS-FAC will continue to have a significant role in the department's freight related activities.