DRUNK BUSTERS PEDAL KART
The Drunk Busters Pedal Kart is a tool that demonstrates the effects of impairment on driving skills.
The Drunk Busters Pedal Kart allows the participant to safely drive a simulated course "sober", then "impaired" while wearing a Drunk Busters Impairment Goggle. As in real life situations, the participant begins with complete control of the kart, but then becomes impaired while wearing the goggle, and is not in 100% control.
The Drunk Busters® Pedal Kart is available for demonstration at schools attended by students ages 14 and up (and who meet the guidelines listed below), and for various safety events.
There is no charge associated with our programs; however, we do have a few limitations. Below is some general information for those interested in scheduling a demonstration:
- The space requirement for the Pedal Kart is roughly 50 feet x50 feet
- Demonstrations can only be done on hard, compacted surfaces (such as black top, concrete, artificial turf, gym floors, etc.) but not on loose or bumpy surfaces (such as loose gravel, thick or poorly maintained grassy areas, etc.). The demonstration area must be flat and dry.
- Demonstrations can be done outdoors or indoors; however, if the event is scheduled for an outdoor location, it will be cancelled and/or rescheduled due to rain if no alternate indoor location is available.
- There must be a guaranteed audience of at least 50 people for each demonstration. (Exceptions to this may be made for smaller groups in the immediate Jackson area or demonstrations during the less busy summer or winter months.)
- It takes approximately 2 minutes for each participant to complete their ride on the Pedal Kart. Total time necessary for demonstration will depend on how many participants are present at the event.