As parents, we want to give our teens every advantage as new drivers. This includes making sure they have a safe vehicle and safe equipment. Things you may not have given a second thought to in the past become a source of instant worry when your teen takes over the wheel.
- How did my car do in crash tests?
- What types of airbags does my vehicle have?
- What types of safety technologies does my vehicle have?
- Does my vehicle have ABS or standard brakes?
- How likely is my vehicle to roll over in a crash?
- Am I using the best tires?
All of these questions can be answered at safercar.gov . Safercar.gov is the vehicle safety repository for the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA). There, you will find information about crash test ratings, recalls and investigations, complaints and defects, car seats, safety technologies, tire safety and much more.
Additional information can also be found at the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).